Why Use SOLAR WATER HEATING?
On average, if you install a solar water heater, your water heating bills should drop 50% – 80%. Also, because the sun is free, you’re protected from future fuel shortages and price hikes. Other financial incentives include:
- Anticipated payback period of 5 to 8 years.
- Significantly lower your monthly electricity bills.
- Can take advantage of the sun’s free energy year round.
- Solar energy can be produced even at low temperatures.
- Federal tax credits help pay 30% of the cost. Many states and utilities offer additional support. Please visit the DSIRE website for the latest incentive information.
- Between tax credits and energy savings, this system offers a faster return on your investment than other solar energy systems.
- Lower first-time start up cost than solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
Who to TRUST
When considering an energy partner, it is hard to know whom to trust. With over 65 years of experience as a global leader in day lighting and solar energy technologies, you can trust that VELUX has partnered with SUMMIT GREEN SOLUTIONS to ensure a professional installation of their solar water heating system.
Velux has combined their solar energy technologies to create an attractive and efficient solar solution that meets Energy Star criteria. These solar panels have the appearance of skylights, helping to eliminate the potential conflict with neighbors or Home Owners Associations.
Future re-roofs can easily be flashed around the existing Velux Solar Collectors.
Because of its high efficiency, Velux solar heating panels require 5 times less roof area and 4 to 6 times less cost than solar PV.
Through ongoing research and development, extended warranty programs and the creation of installation and service networks, Velux is working to ensure that when you are ready to go green with solar hot water heating, you will have a trusted resource nearby to assist you.